Closing Daycare Doors & Opening the Flood Gates

Well, I have given my daycare family my notice. Actually, I have it a couple of weeks ago. It was a one-month notice, so I still have a couple of weeks to go. But honestly, I don't know if I am going to make it.

My husband swore to me that they wouldn't use the entire month, which is why I gave it. I wanted to give a 2-wk notice (which would have cut me free at closing time today), but we thought "one-month notice" sounded more courteous. However, we failed to foresee that they really like their kids coming here. Either that, or I truly am the lowest rate in town. :) Either way, they are sticking around.

Which wouldn't be so bad if I was in control of my own body & mind. But this baby bump is really taking over! I am so exhausted all the time. Like, drop-over-and-fall-asleep-without-meaning-to-tired. And the emotional rollercoasters have started.

It started with geese. Yes, geese. See, years ago I was told that Canadian geese mate for life. If something happens to their partner, they never pair up with another goose. So one day a couple of weeks ago, we were driving down the road & I saw a bunch of geese. A gaggle?? Isn't that what a group of geese are called? LOL Anyway...!!! There were 5 geese. Five. Obviously the one standing to the side was alone. I mean, s/he was with their friends, but they had no mate. Had some tragedy befallen it's one true love & left it on it's own for the rest of it's life?! I just pictured this sad little goose, all tucked in at night, alone. No little goose-mate to cuddle with on the chilly nights next to the river. And I just started crying. In fact, I am all teared up right now.

So that's how my Flood Gates opened. Now they open with no notice at all. I cry about everything.

And I get MAD about everything. Which makes me mad. Go figure. I get mad that I am mad, which usually makes guessed it: cry.

And I am guessing a lot of it has to do with my lack of sleep. I am getting up several times a night to pee, then trying to get comfortable again. Several times a night. And my asthma has been acting up, so then I am lying there, having trouble breathing. So then I need to do my nebulizer machine. (sexy, right?? LOL) And then I get up at 6 am to do the daily grind. It is quickly (OH SO QUICKLY) wearing me out.

And I have tried to drop hints to the parents of the daycare children, but they aren't seeing what I am hinting at. Or they are, and are just really enjoying my suffering..... Either way, I can't quit any sooner, but I sure do wish that I had just given a 2-wk notice.

I go next week for my ultrasound. We'll get to find out how many buns are in my oven exactly! Yay!!


Popular Posts